Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This is my first time posting on a blog so "GREETINGS" I'll be sharing from the Hague side of things because that is what I have Knowledge about. We have been living in sedalia for about 5 months now and everyone seems to be enjoying it,. Elizabeth still works in Marshall, so she is still able to visit her Dad and Christy's family at lunch times and after work, so she is staying well connected. She still is required to make the drive but she doesn't complain....but you already knew that!
Eric is going to be 16 in Feb. WOW is he big! Eric is home schooling and will continue tofollow this course through High School. He is very musicaly inclined and currently concentrating on playing the drums as an alternate in our church Praise team. He loves watching movies, hanging with his friends and being one of the "older guys" in his youth group.
As for me I'm the associate Pastor of missions and education at Cornerstone Church in Sedalia. It is such a joy to have been called by God to serve Him in this capacity but also to be able to provide for my family at te same time.....see:" best job in the world".A really cool thing that is coming up in my life is an opportunity to travel to Chandagarh, India. I will be going with a group called "Global Encounters" and we will be contacting and preaching in villages that have never heard the name of Jeus Christ and His plan of eternal salvation, how awesome is that opportunity, I am truly blessed!
We will be leaving the U.S.A on Dec.27th and will be in country for 2 weeks. We will be helping to plant 5 churches with native pastors as well as other tasks "as required" I would ask you to keep me in your prayers,as well as my fellow missionaries as there has been some violence directed towards Christians in India recently, also pray that we would preach His word boldly, fully confident that whatever happens it will all be for the glory of God.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain that which he cannot earn" Jim Elliot

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Dave...That was great!!!

Penny said...

How great that everyone is going to "blog" on your page. Thanks EA for the sweet comment on my page. And to Dave, this is really fun once you get the hang of it. Take a gander at my page....Love ya guys